Friday, February 12, 2016

Some Enchanted Evenings


How did Dave and I get together? 

I am sure you all have been wondering or maybe not. Well, it started at a bar called Sherlock’s Home. Two fun-loving women were meeting some handsome dudes (maybe guys is a better choice for 27 years ago) from Control Data Corporate. Of course we had stopped somewhere else first so we arrived fashionably late! It appeared that all the CDC folks had left. But wait, here comes someone I recognize. I did not remember his name, but we said hello. Don’t we know each other? One drink lead to dinner and then we parted ways. So that was it - not exactly enchanted, but a fun time!

Next up: a date. I am sure it was within week or so of our first dinner. Dave asked me out, not sure where we went or what we did. I am sure it was fun. Dave can fill in the details perhaps! Maybe it was enchanted!

Then weeks passed. No communication. Next up drinks after a particularly trying day! As I was animatedly explaining a disastrous meeting, my wine went flying into Dave’s lap! Oops! Of course I apologized profusely. The evening ended happily. Our first of many enchanted evenings to come.

Jean Weiss

No comments:

Post a Comment